PICTURE

Sunday 12 February 2017

Living Arrows | 6/52 Take The Damn Picture

Living Arrows Family Picture

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

– Kahlil Gibran


This year I'm taking part in Living Arrows - Donna's project that celebrates all things childhood. A photo a week to document the everyday moments - 52 lots of photos I can look back on at the end of the year and see the change in him.


I want family pictures. I need family pictures. I've noticed this craze of 'Take The Damn Picture' across Instagram; the open letters from women to their other halves asking to snap a candid shot of them with their children. We take hundreds upon thousands of pictures of our partners with the kids, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I wanted to be in a few of them. Harrison won't be a baby forever, and when I'm looking back on photo albums I want to be able to reflect on a time that I was actually there for. The memories are irreplaceable, that much is obvious, but I'm selfish and I want the pictures to go alongside. Let's be honest here, there is absolutely nothing candid about our little photoshoot this week. It was not spur of the moment, it certainly wasn't captured by the fly on the wall and there was no special moment as such caught in a fleeting image. The only memory I can gauge from this particular picture is having to guilt trip Jordan and guarantee him there would be no requirement to smile - a self timer shot set up on a less than safely balanced tripod, and only my fingers to cross that at least one of the pictures would be in focus. Right now - my memory of the pictures are ridiculous. But the chances are, in 10 years time, I may not remember the kaffufle it took to capture the picture; I'll simply remember what I can take from the image. A family. Our family, and that's good enough for me.

Although side note to Jordan, I will stop making you pose if you'd take a few candid snaps once in a while...


Living Arrows

ttkirstymcmanus@yahoo.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I make sure to reply to them all, your words mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Design Created by pipdig