PICTURE

Thursday 26 January 2017

Living Arrows | 4/52 Making The Most Of The Little Moments

Living Arrows Taking Advantage of Maternity Leave

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

– Kahlil Gibran


This year I'm taking part in Living Arrows - Donna's project that celebrates all things childhood. A photo a week to document the everyday moments - 52 lots of photos I can look back on at the end of the year and see the change in him.

This week I've been reflecting a lot on going back to work. My date was never set in stone, and I originally planned on going back around January as maternity pay was getting me nowhere. A little extra on the side from Life With Boys has allowed me to continue to push back returning to work month to month, but the reality is, I was never cut out to be a stay at home mum. I do miss working, I miss adult interaction, and feeling like I'm doing something with my day. I love being with Harrison, but I can't shake the feeling that a lot of the days seem to amount to little more than jammie days with Jeremy Kyle. It may be different down the line when Chunk is a bit older and we can go to mother and toddler, or baby sensory classes, but right now, those would be lost on my little one, and so I spend a lot of time at home doing very little. I've finally set my back to work date, and although I've given myself a few months still, I can't help but feel that it will be over before I know it. Although my days can at times drag in right now, I know fine well that the minute I have to leave H with one of his grans, or drop him off at nursery for the first time, I'll be kicking myself for not taking advantage of all of the days we did have together.


The theme of this weeks Living Arrows post, is making the most of the time we have. Harrison loves nothing more than wriggling about in the nude, and having the time to be able to spend an hour in bed just allowing him to do tummy time in the skud is something I do need to be a lot more thankful for. I want to take advantage of these moments, the tiny ones, the ones you wouldn't ever think to remember later down the line. The milestones are great, sure, but these are the moments I'll miss when I'm back at work. The everyday, mundane minutes that you don't notice as they pass by - in a few months time, I'll wish I'd appreciated the hour of morning tummy time a lot more.
Living Arrows Making The Most of Maternity Leave

Living Arrows

ttkirstymcmanus@yahoo.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I make sure to reply to them all, your words mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Design Created by pipdig