PICTURE

Sunday 8 January 2017

Living Arrows | 1/52 The Calm Before The Storm

Living Arrows Linky Baby After Immunisation

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

– Kahlil Gibran


I originally started this blog to remember a period in my life that I'd otherwise start to forget. I look back on my pregnancy, and I remember parts vividly, but others are already fading, less than a year later. Sure, I probably don't need to remember the exact point at which my feet ballooned to the size of watermelons, or that specific breakdown I had that single Tuesday in September over noodle soup, but one day (most likely in a few years when I'm contemplating the prospect of another baby and I need something to convince me otherwise) I'll have the option to read back and remember everything about that time. I want the ability to do the same for Harrisons' first few years. It's easy to get caught up in the moment, but I want to make sure I remember the little things. The little moments that are the first to go. This year I plan to take part in Living Arrows - Donna's project that celebrates all things childhood. A photo a week to document the everyday moments - 52 lots of photos I can look back on at the end of the year and see the change in him.


This weeks moments captures Harrison after his first set of immunisations; unbeknown to me he was gearing up to be a little monster later that night, but at this point he was a delight. Excited, giggly, and completely fascinated with a muslin cloth. That was my first and last time I'll take him for immunisations, it is now well and truly his dads responsibility, that scream was heartbreaking.
Living Arrows After First Immunisations
Living Arrows Baby After First Immunisations Muslin Cloth

Living Arrows

ttkirstymcmanus@yahoo.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I make sure to reply to them all, your words mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Design Created by pipdig