PICTURE

Sunday 18 September 2016

Myrtle and Maude Mumma-To-Be Tummy Settling Pack

Morning sickness is a bitch.
There is absolutely no way around that unfortunately. Around three quarters of all expectant mothers experience morning sickness in the first trimester - wether that be just the discerning feeling of nausea, or wether your unlucky enough to be spewing up your guts on the Number 9 bus three days a week... Either way, it's not fun, albeit most girls just accept it as an unfortunate symptom of pregnancy.

Recently though, I came across the Myrtle and Maude Mumma-To-Be Tummy Settling Pack, and I'm beyond impressed. Myrtle and Maude is a newish company that I have no doubts will be a go-to for Expectant Mothers before long. They've created a tummy settling pack, made from all natural ingredients, which is supposed to reduce the effects of sickness and ease one of the less fun parts of pregnancy. I'll say from the start that this post is no way sponsored - I'm just really impressed by the brand as a whole.

The pack comes with three products - all in delightful packaging, clean and minimalistic.



Baby Bump Settling Tea
I'm not sick, so I can only speak from the nausea point of view. I've been feeling nauseous in the past few weeks or so, which is odd as the third-trimester is not where this normally falls - but a quick chat with the midwife confirmed this could happen as a result of all the hormonal changes that occur yet again at this point. I'm not sure how else to describe this tea, there's no caffeine in it, so it's more of an infusion than a tea, but it has the same warm fuzzy effect. Each little tea bag comes individually in it's own bag, and contains peppermint, ginger root, lemon balm, chamomile, rose petal and orange peel. If I'm honest, tea is tea to me, it tastes nice enough and it really does have a calming effect on the belly! I wish I could buy the tea bags separately, I know when these one's run out I'll want to stock up on a few more, so hopefully in the future that will be an option.




Bon-Bons
These were what excited me most about the Mumma-To-Be pack in the first place! I'm a complete sweet-tooth girl, and the cute little tin just made them so much more appealing. If I'm honest, these don't do as much for me as the tea does in terms of settling the sickness, but for taste alone I'm finding myself reaching for these instead... They just taste like sweeties! Little peppermint balls of goodness, I can eat these like no-one's business, although you don't get that many, so I am trying to slow down and make them last a little longer!

Acupressure Wristbands
I'll be the first to say I'm a sceptic when it comes to acupuncture, I just tend to be a strict pop a paracetamol and get on with it kind of gal, but in this case, I doubt good old paracetamol will help! These bands work by putting pressure on the 'Nei Kuan' point of your wrist, and this is somehow supposed to stimulate your body into calming itself/reducing pain etc. To be fair, even as I type this I'm sceptical, but it works. Or at least it did for me. This may well have been completely down to the placebo effect, but I can honestly say I noticed a difference when wearing this for a few hours, to not wearing it.

I'll be the first to recommend this pack for any new expectant mothers - I think it would make an absolutely perfect baby shower gift, something that not many people would think to give,  but that could be so helpful. It's also such good value for money, its only £12.99 for the full pack if you buy direct from the Myrtle and Maude website, or £18.00 if you buy from Amazon. It's also available in a few smaller shops in the Yorkshire area if you happen to be in that area.

Myrtle and Maude are currently running a Crowd Funding campaign to raise money in order to develop the brand - if you are looking to purchase the pack after reading this review, I'd highly suggest you go to the Crowd Funding homepage as opposed to buying directly from the site. They've kindly offered to send out a goodie bag worth over £30.00 for anyone who donates £15.00 to the cause, so you are guaranteed to get your money's worth of Myrtle and Maude Goodies that way! If you've done so, send over an email to Jules at hello@myrtleandmaude.com and let her know you've invested with your address and that you've came from Tracking Twenty, and she'll get that out to you.

Failing that, have you found anything similar to combat the effects of morning sickness? If so, leave a comment and let me know! Until next time,
Share:

1 comment

  1. It seems to be a very useful and well-designed pack. I will never be pregnant again (I already have five kids and I am old enough) but I would recommend this pack to my friends being before having kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I make sure to reply to them all, your words mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Design Created by pipdig