PICTURE

Thursday 1 December 2016

Newborn Hacks: The Lilypod Baby Bean Bag

Lilypod Baby Bean Bag Colic Babies Relief Apples and Pips
Lilypod Baby Bean Bag Colic Babies Relief Apples and PipsIf you had told me last year that baby bean bags were a thing, never mind a very useful thing, I'd have thought you were crazy. I'll be the first to say the baby market is oversaturated: you name it, it's stocked in Babies R Us, never mind the stuff you can find on the internet. When I was in my final trimester, I came across Apples and Pips during their Twitter launch party, and managed to win myself a Lilypod Baby Beanbag. Free is free, and I was happy as larry with my pastel blue elephant bean bag. Needless to say, it arrived, and I won't lie, I thought it would be added to the evergrowing pile of hyped up baby products that I'd never use. In my head, I couldn't find a time I'd use it - surely during the day he would be in his moses, at night in his crib, when would we ever use a bean bag?...

Roll on Harrison's birth, and pretty soon it became apparent that he would not be going anywhere near a moses basket during the day, in fact, he wouldn't settle anywhere flat at all. Although  not affected by colic, he was windy and uncomfortable when lying flat on his back, so finding a way to make him comfortable that wasn't lying on my chest when he wasn't asleep was difficult. Cue the baby bean bag.
Lilypod Baby Bean Bag Colic Babies Relief Apples and PipsLilypod Baby Bean Bag Colic Babies Relief Apples and PipsLilypod Baby Bean Bag Colic Babies Relief Apples and Pips
The Lilypod Baby Bean Bag allows Harrison to sit at an angle - which we can alter by moulding the polystyrene balls inside - unaided but supported, letting him look around and interact when awake, or sleep if needed. It comes with a replaceable cover that zips on and off, and a base that is wipeable, so it's easy to clean and maintain. Although right now he pretty much sinks right in and isn't moving anywhere, it has a harness in the middle which will keep him in place when he gets a bit older and starts to roll over.

It's an ingenious idea really, there is nothing complicated about it, it's a bean bag with a strap. No big revelation, but it really does work wonders for him. You can pick it up from Apples and Pips here for £39.99, and I couldn't recommend it enough.

Lilypod Baby Bean Bag Colic Babies Relief Apples and Pips

ttkirstymcmanus@yahoo.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I make sure to reply to them all, your words mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Design Created by pipdig