PICTURE

Sunday 20 November 2016

The Bounce Back | Week 1 Update

Bounce Back From Pregnancy Update Week 1 lose baby weight lean in 15 results
Today marks 7 days into my Bounce Back from pregnancy plan - I was determined to get back to feeling fit and healthy as quickly as possible, but this week alone has been enough to show me that it's not going to be anywhere near as easy to get back to peak fitness as it was to get there. How did it go you ask? Shit. It just went shit. I lost 3lbs, but that's not really a plus right now, given that I achieved that from eating all but nothing during the day and stuffing my face with Haribos at night time when I can relieve my arms from the baby I've cradled for the best part of 13 hours. The whole point of my bounce back from pregnancy plan was to regain health - getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight is great and all, but ultimately, not worth an ounce of effort if I still feel as unfit as ever.

My weight loss this week can be put down in fully to the face that I wasn't eating - not out of effort, I wasn't trying to stop myself from eating, I just found it really difficult to put my baby down for long enough to eat a meal, much less cook one. My first meal was generally at around 7pm when Jordan would take Harrison, and at that point it was just a case of what is quick and most convenient. Toasties galore. Not exactly the picture of health.

I shared my 6 EASY Steps for Losing The Extra Baby Weight on Tuesday, and I'll be the first to admit I didn't practice what I preach. I can pin-point where I went wrong based on these 6 steps and these 6 steps alone.

1. Hydrate; I was lucky if I drank 1L a day never mind 3L, this week I'll be making a conscious effort to have my big ass bottle water filled up and at my side constant. If it's there, then I'll be a lot more motivated to drink it than I would be with glasses. I picked up this jug here - it's not exactly the nicest looking, but hey, it holds 2L and will give me a bench mark. Fiver well spent.

2. Walk More; This is the one that I done the least and annoyed me the most. I wanted to be out with my pram everyday, yet I left the house once. For my own sanity, rather than my fitness, this week I WILL get out every single day.

3. Track Only One Meal; This I managed fine - it's easy to fall back into the habit of tracking numbers, it's harder to fall into the habit of changing what the numbers represent. Is it really a success if you track a meal if it happens to be beans on toast?

4. Workout At Least Twice A Week; I made it to the gym once - I half done it...

5. Have A Cheat Meal; Of course I managed this, what type of question is that. Chicken Noodle Soup from the Chinese was a must.

6. Small Goals and No Pressure; And this is where my biggest success probably was. I made my small goals, 1-6, I didn't really hit them all, but I'm not getting myself down about it. I could easily fall into the habit of saying I'll start again on Monday, this week was a right off. But it doesn't have to be. I didn't make it to the gym 5 times, sure, but I still went once, which means I'm still making progress, however small it may be. I've not failed because I didn't train like an athlete one week, I'm a new mum and cutting myself some slack is the best thing I could ever do. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and I'll get there in the end.
Bounce Back From Pregnancy Update Week 1 lean in 15 lose baby weight results progress

So where do we go from here? I'm 3lbs down, so I have 12lbs left to get to my 'end goal', not that I'm all that bothered about how quick I get there. I'm not changing anything, I'll be using my 6 steps, and making more of a conscious effort to get them all this week, and see how I feel from there. I was always going to try a few gimmicks here and there, so this week I started the ever ridiculous 'Teatox', and I also may have started Waist Training, so by next week I should have the waist of Kim Kardashian and the complexion to rival Kourtney, yes? Failing this, I did have a look at the Lean in 15 Guides, and considered doing the Shift, Shape, Sustain program from the Body Coach, but it's a big commitment, which is exactly what I am NOT looking for right now, so in the mean time, I'm going to pick out a few of the ideals from the books, use the recipes, and see what works for me, and in the New Year, maybe I'll be ready to commit fully to a plan.

For now though, my 6 steps should work just fine, and if they don't, I have the rest of my life to try something else...

Find me on BloglovinTwitterInstagram and Facebook.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I make sure to reply to them all, your words mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog Design Created by pipdig